Retrieved from Ashes

15 July, 2010

Buried Treasure 2010

I have been following Seth Apter's blog for a while and I don't have to tell you how much I admire his work. But what Seth does from time to time is bringing the collaborations and artists from around the world sign up and you get so many links to blogs and beautiful world of art. You know what amazes me most? Not the number of people signing up but the number of professional artist that join these collaborations. When the announcement for the Buried Treasures 2010 came up I was waiting for more links that I could follow. At the same time I got the comment from Seth for my latest project "Retrieved from ashes". Oh gosh, I couldn't believe that someone with his arty reputation would even bother visiting my blog.

Anyway, I must've got wings from his compliment and decided to join this collaboration without knowing what I'm letting myself into.



The first homework is to post one or more favourite posts that ever appeared on the blog. Gee, that's very tough call for someone who doesn't have years of experience not only in blogging but in art world all together. After long thinking (today is the D-day but lucky I live in Australia and even though our Thursday is just about to become Friday the rest of the world is just having morning tea or lunch). I decided to go with two posts:

"Eternity"...



... and "Art Vision"





What is coming now I'm not sure but Seth will let us know soon.

15 comments:

Samantha Marshall said...

I absolutely adore your art-good on you for participating!!!!

Caterina Giglio said...

both pieces are wonderful Svetlana! love all the metal... yes we do love Seth!! wanted to play this time around too, but just a bit busy! ciao bella!!

Monica said...

wonderful. and your 'retrieved from ashes' work in your last post is fabulous.

Poetic Artist said...

Your work is wonderful..Seth brings us such joy and wonderful new artist.
Katelen

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Hi Svetlana
we have been having frequent internet drop outs so sorry this is way way behind but thanks for the comment on my blog about my etched Miss 6 necklace.I know you and I are overworked nurses and then some but I too steal time for myself every now and then...it was a long time coming though for me this time and I am so happy to have a week off at last.Your book for your Mum is grogeous and I am sure she will LOVE it.I'm about to make one for my Mum too...also needed by the end of August.Keep creating Svetlana and get out of those scrubs LOL
hugs
Annette in the north of Oz
hugs
Annette

Leslie Avon Miller said...

What a rich and beautiful book. I enjoy your style!

Marit said...

I'm glad you participated! It's nice to get to know new blogs, and your art is truly beautiful!

ArtPropelled said...

Both Eternity and Art Vision please my eye. I've done a little extra browsing and love the work you do, especially the book you made for your mum.

Jo Archer said...

Just been looking at all your work, Svetlana and it's beautiful. I've just started following you, so I don't miss anything!

Glenda said...

Hey "roomie that was supposed to be" Congrats on having Seth visit your blog, did you see my winning from his. I was so proud, but am scared to join in his challenges, but I will do so soon.
BTW, thanks for visiting me and wire wrapping requires a lot more practice for me LOL...

Unknown said...

Very cool book cover!

Lucy said...

Fabulous art Svetlana!!!!
Hugs Lucy

Sharmon Davidson said...

I think both of these pieces are wonderful. If you're new to the art world, then- wow, look out!

Unknown said...

Your books are lovely!!

jiLy said...

What a super post and just love the two works you've posted with them. Your Art Visions and Eternity works are just layer filled wonders. Thanks so much for sharing and participating. what a gift to us!