Retrieved from Ashes

22 July, 2011

I'm a thinker

Since return from the retreat I have been trying to finish the book before returning to work (once I start working there is not going to be much time left for creating). I admire people who manage to get all their ideas and material together during 2-3 day-retreat. I simply can't because I'm a thinker. Each new page I start, each layout, choice of colours and embellishments, everything I touch takes time until I manage to satisfy myself with a finished detail. Therefore I came to the conclusion: NO RETREATS anymore. I function much better in own environment.
In my last post there are pictures of the pages I finished on the retreat but I wasn't happy with lots of things. Therefore I have made some changes.


A bit closer...

4 comments:

Samantha Marshall said...

I think it's hard to finish things in a class or at a retreat, too. This is looking fantastic!!

Jacky said...

Svetlana I think this looks wonderful, is that a piece of old worn leather on the bottom,I love to incorporate old leather into my assemblage books. I think you have found your true passion, please follow it. My thoughts on retreats are that you learn the techniques and try to ignore what others are doing and do it your way. I hope you find the time to finish your book it will be very special.

Seth said...

Just beautiful Svetlana. The time and care you take in creating shows in the finished pieces.

Jen Crossley said...

This looks amazing Svetlana cant wait to see the finished book